FAIR MINING PRACTICES: A NEW MINING CODE FOR BC
How to use this document:
Unlike many books, which lay out a succession of arguments, Fair Mining Practices: A New Mining Code for BC is made up of stand alone chapters, sections and solutions. If you have a question about laws to do with mining, BC or international, chances are you will find the information you need here.
There are three ways to search: try the search box on the website, as the entire document is loaded in HTML. Alternatively, you can download the PDF below, or from the resources section of the website (www.fairmining.ca/resources/) and use the find function (command “f”) to search keywords. If you are particularly interested in a specific topic, the table of contents in each chapter will likely lead you to the right place.
We love feedback! Let us know what you’re looking for, and how and where you found it. We also greatly appreciate information on any new or updated laws, anywhere in the world.
Browse Fair Mining Practices by Topic
- Negotiation of Agreements
- First Nations’ Resource Policies
- Indigenous Rights, Consultation and Consent
- Mineral Tenure and Land Use Plans
- Mineral Prospecting and Exploration
- Environmental Assessment for Mining Activities
- Permits for Mine Development and Operation
- Compliance and Enforcement in the Mining Sector
- Mine Closure and Post Closure
- Securing the Cost of Mine Clean-Up